Business, Tourism and Lodging Numbers
Governments around the world are clamping down on unauthorized accommodation rentals.
Many countries require you both to be registered:
- as an accommodation provider, as well as
- to have your permit number displayed on your advertising and listings
Nomad Stays needs your public number to display on your listing.
Depending on the rules of your region you could have a choice as to which number to provide.
1. If you have a specific ‘lodging’ or ‘tourist accommodation’ permit, then this number is preferred
- A Croatian Tourist Board number
- Portuguese Licença de Alojamento Local (short-term rental licence).
2. If no specific number exists, please use your own public business number for your business.
- Australian Business Numbers
- French Siret numbers
3. Value Added Tax Numbers (VAT, TVA etc.) are another form of public numbers that helps users identify you
What Countries Require What Tourism/Lodging Registration
We've put together some links for various countries that may assist you.
To insert your number simply:
- Log In to www.nomadstays.com
- Go to your Dashboard
- Choose the "Edit More" button of the "Detail Your Stay" section
- Add your Tourism/Lodging Number into the field
- Tick the "Registered Business" box
Income Tax Numbers
The EU and various other countries also require you to submit your Income Tax Number to short term accommodation platforms like Nomad Stays. We are required to report this with bookings we've made for you.
You can read more about what is commonly called EU DAC7 here